The new year always brings resolutions. I have been debating whether or not to do resolutions. I never keep them. Ever. So instead of vague resolutions that cannot be accomplished, I have specific goals for 2013.
Live with a new motto:
- Go a month without spending any money (well, I can pay bills and buy a few groceries).
- Set up my composting bin.
- Do projects that use only my craft stash.
- Go a month eating only from the pantry, fridge and freezer.
- Beef up our savings account.
Do unto others:
- Collect at least one toy every month. I hope to be able to deliver a box of toys to Barrett House which is a women and children shelter down the street from our house.
- I will craft at least one gift a month for the women at the shelter.
- I will foster again at the animal shelter.
- I will volunteer my time as well either at the animal shelter or women's shelter.
- Continue gathering more information about being a foster parent.
Craft and blog more:
- Craft something for myself every once in awhile. I always forget myself while crafting. Boring!
- Blog more projects. I need to make a good blogging schedule.
Be a healthier me:
- Participate in my first 5k. The Hubs and I are signing up for The Color Run in April. EEP!
- Run one mile without stopping. I've NEVER been able to do this. EVER! It's a good goal to have.
- Do 10 pushups.
- Hold a 30 second plank.
- Tackle a hard hike. I used to be able to climb a mountain without even thinking about it. I want to get back to that.
- Get all my medical stuff taken care of. I've shied away from doctors because most won't take any of my ailments seriously because of my weight. I've also grown fearful of the dentist which is so weird. I had years of braces and retainers and became so chummy with the dentist and orthodontist. Weirdo.
And in case you want to track my progress, I'm going to put a tab on the top of my blog. I can't wait to start tackling my goals this year.