First and foremost, I want to apologize for my lack in posting for the 31 Days. I'll be honest, I just didn't feel like posting. Life here was pretty gosh darn wonderful and I feel like I got more out of October than the entire year. A few snippets of last month:
- Todd and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. He worked extremely late that night, so we didn't do anything that day. We spent his day off bowling, eating delicious burgers, walking the Rio Grande and then having ice cream. Lovely lovely day.
- I lost 15lbs since August. Go me! I slipped up with the Halloween candy, but other than that, I'm trying to not gain weight again.
- All three of my soldiers are coming home! My mail stop date came and I was unable to send one of my soldiers their birthday presents. I will be donating the shirts I got him to a local charity that helps school kids get new clothes.
- I have been keeping our casa as clean as possible.
- I have been working on craft fair items. My first craft fair will be Saturday and I'm so nervous!
I took a break from the internet to an extent. I still checked out Facebook (I got a smartphone which meant I could see FB whenever I wanted) and another forum I frequent. Other than that I stopped reading blogs. I love the home decor and crafting blogs I follow. I think the people who run the blogs are incredibly talented and make wonderful things. I just get jealous... and when I get that way, I shop. I found myself thrift shopping every day to find good deals. I found myself buying stuff just to buy it. It's so wasteful. Then I realized that there's something more important than just buying "stuff". I want a house. I want a house to do beautiful things to. Not an apartment! So I stopped reading blogs to curb the temptation. In fact, I feel so much more happy. We've been sending emails and making phone calls to get prepared to buy a house. We're so excited and that thrill makes buying random bits and bobs less exciting.
So life here in changing and I hope to finish up some projects laying around the apartment. I can't wait to post some pictures of my craft fair set up and I hope to make a lot of Christmas gifts this year! I apologize to those who were looking for more content during the 31 Days. I'm going to try posting more often, I promise!